Curator One-on-One is a fun and educational opportunity for members at the Premium, Friend and Patron levels. Bring objects from your collection and meet with a curator, who will identify, date, attribute, and give historical and stylistic knowledge about the objects. If you have questions about the care of your objects, additional information can be provided from a conservator.
Open to Members (Premium), Friends and Patrons
Members are allowed one appointment a year to meet with our curators. Consultations will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Qualifying members may bring up to 3 objects
- Japanese objects are only seen in the afternoon; however, they may be seen in combination with objects from other countries
- No information about the objects will be provided in writing
- Monetary value of the objects will not be assessed
- Artwork must be returned home or to a secure location post-consultation if you are planning to visit the museum
To make an appointment, fill out this online form
. For any questions, please contact our Membership office at 415.581.3740 or email@example.com.
Please note that Curator One-on-Ones are purely educational. In accordance with IRS guidelines, museum staff is prohibited from giving monetary appraisals. If you require an appraisal, information can be obtained through the American Society of Appraisers
or by calling 800.272.8258.