Recruitment for Special Exhibition Roads of Arabia
Volunteer Programs is actively recruiting enthusiastic individuals to volunteer in Visitor Services during Roads of Arabia: Archaeology and History of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from October 24, 2014 through January 18, 2015. Volunteers are expected to work at least 3–6 times a month. We welcome help on any day of the week, but are specifically looking for those who can be here Thursday through Sunday. All Roads of Arabia volunteers will receive the same benefits as our regular frontline volunteers.
What is a Frontline Volunteer?
Frontline volunteers help either with Visitor Services (Information Desk and Coat Check) and/or in the Museum Store. Visitor Services volunteers extend visitors a friendly welcome when they first arrive; they guide visitors to locations and activities of interest. Museum Store volunteers provide excellent customer service, creating a great retail experience by helping visitors find merchandise which relates to the collection galleries and/or the special exhibitions.
Being A Frontline Volunteer
- You are at least 16 years old
- You have a specific interest in volunteering for an art museum
- You can commit to at least two 4-hour shifts each month for one year (96 hours annually)
- Have a desire to make each visitor’s experience of the Asian Art Museum a memorable one
- Have an outgoing, positive, and enthusiastic attitude; comfortable meeting and interacting with a wide variety of people using clear verbal communication skills
- Be reliable and punctual for volunteer assignments
- Show a willingness to cooperate with staff and other volunteers, accepting supervision and evaluation of your volunteer work
- Be familiar with and have access to a computer for correspondence and scheduling
- Because we serve a diverse audience, multilingual skills are a plus but not a requirement
- Be warm and welcoming to all visitors, greeting each visitor with a smile
- Have a willingness to learn what you need to know to do your volunteer assignment
- The opportunity to learn more about the Asian Art Museum’s collection and special exhibitions
- Unlimited FREE admission to the museum – including special exhibitions – any time when you are not volunteering
- Invitations to exclusive volunteer-only tours and events
- Access to the museum’s 4th floor Research Library (by appointment)
- The opportunity to volunteer with others who share similar interests and the opportunity to share your enjoyment and knowledge of the museum with visitors
- Voices newsletter, a publication written by volunteers for other volunteers and published 3 times/year
- 20% discount in the Museum Store, 10% discount in Café Asia, 20% discount on museum membership (must be an active volunteer at the time of purchase or renewal)
- Pride in representing a valued art museum to visitors from your neighborhood and from around the world
- Once you become a frontline volunteer, you’ll hear about additional volunteer opportunities around the museum
How to Apply to Become an Asian Art Museum Frontline Volunteer
Learn more or apply online using one of the links below. You can also print out an application for submission.