The Asian Art Museum Is Undergoing a Transformation!
You will notice a few temporary changes at the museum during our construction project. Our Construction Reina will give you updates and tips on how to plan your visit during construction. Find the most current information on this page:
- The second-floor collection galleries are currently closed for updating but will reopen to the public in late fall 2019. The third-floor collection galleries will remain open during this time.
- Good news! The Koret Education Center is now open.
- You will notice some temporary walls erected inside and outside the building. Never fear—we’re still ready to welcome your visit.
- A temporary delivery ramp was installed near the Larkin Street entrance. This is to transition our business entrance from Hyde/McAllister Streets to Larkin Street during construction. The visiting public—including members—should use the center doors to enter the museum. The current accessibility ramps will continue to be available.
- Construction continues on the Akiko Yamazaki and Jerry Yang Pavilion and the East West Bank Art Terrace.
Do you have questions? Contact us here.