HoursTues—Sun 10AM - 5PM
Closed Jan 1, Thanksgiving Day and Dec 25.
- The second-floor collection galleries are closed for updating through late fall 2019. The third-floor collection galleries will remain open during this time.
- You will notice some temporary walls erected inside and outside the building. Never fear—we’re still ready to welcome your visit.
- A temporary delivery ramp was installed near the Larkin Street entrance. This is to transition our business entrance from Hyde/McAllister Streets to Larkin Street during construction. The visiting public—including members—should use the center doors to enter the museum. The current accessibility ramps will continue to be available.
- Construction continues on the Akiko Yamazaki and Jerry Yang Pavilion and the East West Bank Art Terrace.
- The newly updated Koret Education Center is now open.
Location200 Larkin St
San Francisco, CA 94102
Between Fulton & McAllister Streets, opposite City Hall
BART/Muni: Civic Center
Driving directions (Google maps)
Parking: Browse all available parking on Google maps.
Bicycle racks: Next to the museum entrance and on McAllister (between Larkin and Hyde Streets).
TicketsSee our Ticketing page for prices.
Group ToursSee our tours page for a range of tours that are available to museum guests, both guided and self-guided.
Visiting with KidsThe museum welcomes families. Admission for children ages 12 and under is free. Strollers are available at the Coat Check, and diaper-changing facilities are available in all museum restrooms.
Free Family Programs allow parents and children to discover Asian art and culture through storytelling and arts and crafts.
AccessibilitySee the Accessibility page to learn about accessibility and extra amenities.
Coat CheckPlease use the museum’s free Coat Check service (located on the first floor) to store all backpacks and umbrellas, as well as bags or large parcels.
Guests may borrow strollers, wheelchairs and lightweight folding stools free of charge from the Coat Check, subject to availability. You must leave an I.D. in exchange.